Maybe you need Big Ben or the Steelers’ D to finish off your fantasy opponent. Or you’re curious how the Ravens’ offense will function without Lamar Jackson.
Whatever the official reasoning, we figure you’ll want to watch Baltimore-Pittsburgh for the novelty of a Wednesday afternoon NFL game. And for the wagering opportunities at PointsBet.
Here are five intriguing options:
1) Featured Wagers: Robert Griffin III O/U 170.5 passing yards. In last season’s regular-season finale, RG3 made his first start in nearly three years. It came at home against … the Pittsburgh Steelers. It went better for the team (28-10 victory) than for Griffin, who completed 11 of 21 passes for 96 yards with an interception. Add in the fact that the Steelers rank second in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (203.5), and you can understand why this over-under is so petite.
2) Single Game Teaser: Ravens +16.5/Under 48.5. Or how about Steelers -4.5/Over 36.5. Four choices here to tilt the lines in your favor, and all pay the standard -110. What’s your pleasure?
3) Name A Bet: Steelers lead at halftime and Ben Roethlisberger 200+ passing yards (-182). Big Ben has exceeded 200 passing yards in eight of 10 games this season, though one of his whiffs came Nov. 1 in Baltimore. The Steelers are heavy favorites (-351) to lead at halftime. That explains why you’d have to plunk down $182 to win $100.
4) Pointsbetting: Total Match Points (40.5-42.5): It’s a dynamic way to bet the total. Our under figure is 40.5 and our over is 42.5. Let’s say you bet the under and the final score is 20-10, for a total of 30. You would get 10.5 times your stake, with a $10 wager yielding $150.
5) Pointsbetting: Roethlisberger Pass Attempts (36-38): Will Big Ben launch it this many times? Could be. His last three games saw him chuck it 34, 36, 41 and 32 times.