The NFL Draft produces millionaires in real time. And we’re not just talking about the players hugging commissioner Roger Goodell.
PointsBet clients can boost their bankrolls with hundreds of offerings. There are wagers as safe as -10000 (wager $100 to profit a buck) and as risky as +50000 (bet $100 to win $50k).
Here are 10 intriguing opportunities:
1) Featured Wagers: #1 Overall Draft Pick. Jacksonville needs a quarterback. Trevor Lawrence is the greatest QB prospect since Andrew Luck. So is there even a sliver of a chance that Urban Meyer passes on him for, say, Justin Fields? The former Ohio State star is +3500 to go first. Lawrence is -10000, and we’ve taken a $17,962 wager that would net $180.
2) Featured Wagers: #3 Overall Draft Pick. A fascinating market. Mac Jones was OTB (Off the Board) at No. 3 until the 49ers traded up for the pick in late March. He opened at +160. His odds fluctuated in April, but now he’s a sizable favorite at -400. But don’t sleep on Trey Lance. Once a +1500 dog to go third, he has been bet down to +220.
3) Player Draft Position: Kyle Pitts Over/Under 5.5. The betting public has so much faith in Pitts going top five, his Under odds have sunk from -110 to -275. (The over is +205.) One PointsBet client who believes Pitts might be bound for San Francisco at No. 3 wagered $500 to win $25,000.
4) Position Totals: Total Offensive Linemen Drafted in 1st Round Over/Under 6.5: We know Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw and Alijah Vera-Tucker will go. But how about Teven Jenkins, Lance Dickerson and Jalen Mayfield? If you believe in protecting the blind side, bet the over (+100) rather than the under (-125). We’re offering this on 11 different positions.
5) Team to Draft … Justin Fields. We believe 16 teams are in play for Fields, the two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year. The Broncos (+250) are most likely, the Colts (+5000) the least and if you suspect the Jets are putting up one hell of a smokescreen, take them at +2000. We also have markets on Devonta Smith, Kyle Pitts, Kyle Trask and Ja’Marr Chase.
6) Team to Draft Position. Are you a Detroit Lions fan? (You poor thing.) Test your acumen by projecting what position your team will prioritize. Odds for the Lions: Receiver (+100), Quarterback (+400), O-line (+500), Linebacker (+500) … all the way down to Kicker/Punter/Long Snapper (+50000). Always intriguing – the Cowboys, who are favored to take a cornerback (-250).
7) College Markets: Total Big Ten players drafted in 1st Round Over/Under 6.5. This payout (+100 Over, -130 Under) could hinge on the likes of Northwestern’s Greg Newsome II, Minnesota’s Rashod Bateman or Penn State’s Jayson Oweh. The SEC O/U is 12.5, while the Pac-12 and Big 12 are a sad 2.5.
8) Who Will be Drafted Higher? We’re offering eight markets, including DeVonta Smith (+135) vs. Jaylen Waddle (-180) and Fields (+115) vs. Trey Lance (-143). If only this had been around in 2005 when Aaron Rogers slipped all the way to 24th, we could have faded the future Packers legend.
9) First 5 Picks in Exact Order. The chalk (Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Jones, Pitts, Chase) pays +175. Sub in Sewell for Chase and the odds bulk up to +350. There are 10 offerings in all. So the question: Which mock drafter do you trust?
10) Round Specials: Kellen Mond, Kyle Trask, Davis Mills. We’re offering markets on three passers expected to go in the middle rounds. Mond and Trask have a range of Rounds 2-5, while Mills is all over the map, a big ticket for Round 1 (+1500), Round 7 (+2300) and Round 6 (+700).